New Vehicle Warranty
New Vehicle Warranty Period
The standard period for the New Vehicle Warranty for vehicles sold from the 1st of April 2019 is 5 years and Unlimited kilometres unless the vehicle is used as a commercial vehicle for purposes which include rental cars, hire and taxi, rideshare, delivery or courier vehicle, in which case the warranty period is 5 years or 200,000 kilometres, whichever comes first.
EV vehicles with a Lithium-Ion Battery Pack sold from the 1st of April 2019 come with a Nissan LEAF Lithium-Ion battery State of Health guarantee. The Nissan LEAF Lithium-Ion battery State of Health guarantee protects against battery capacity loss (less than 9 bars out of 12) as shown on the in vehicle capacity gauge for a period of 8 years or 160,000 kilometres, whichever comes first.
The Warranty commences from the time the vehicle is first registered or put into service (whichever occurs first).
The New Vehicle Warranty covers all parts and components of each new Nissan vehicle except for:
- Those items listed under the section entitled 'WHAT IS NOT COVERED' (below); and
- The tyres and battery which are the subject of separate warranties
In addition to your rights under Nissan’s New Vehicle Warranty, your vehicle also comes with guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. See the section ‘CONSUMER GUARANTEES’ below for more information.
What is covered?
Nissan Motor Co. (Australia) Pty. Ltd., (A.B.N. 54 004 663 156) (Nissan) warrants that for the 'NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY PERIOD' (as set out below), Nissan will repair or replace any part on the vehicle (except for those items listed under the section titled 'WHAT IS NOT COVERED') which proves to be defective in materials or workmanship, free of charge, subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty.
Warranty repair or parts replacement will be performed by an authorized Nissan Dealer at its place of business within a reasonable time after delivery of the vehicle to the dealer during normal business hours.
What is not covered?
- All tyres and batteries which are excluded unless specified as being included under the section titled "TYRE and BATTERY WARRANTY".
- Any vehicle which has been relocated to another country. Any non-"Genuine NISSAN" parts, accessories or equipment. (Note: "Genuine NISSAN" parts, accessories or equipment installed outside of NISSAN's works may be covered by their own separate warranty.)
- Any non-"Genuine NISSAN" parts, accessories or equipment. (Note: "Genuine NISSAN" parts, accessories or equipment installed outside of NISSAN's works may be covered by their own separate warranty.)
- Any parts and labour costs incurred in connection with recommended maintenance services as outlined in the OWNER'S MANUAL and MAINTENANCE SECTION of the Booklet.
- Any parts and labour costs resulting from tyre punctures.
- Subject to s.259(4), s.271 (2) and s.271(4) and s.272(2) of Australian Consumer Law, NISSAN excludes any and all liability for loss or damage for problems:
- unrelated to NISSAN's conduct;
- unrelated to the goods supplied by NISSAN; and
- caused by something independent of NISSAN after the goods have left its control.
- Normal wear and tear meaning the gradual reduction in operating performance of a part or parts having regard to the age of the vehicle, the distance it has travelled and its operating conditions. This includes normal deterioration of trim, paint or other appearance items.
- Any vehicle on which the odometer reading has been changed so that actual kilometres travelled cannot be accurately determined.
- Normal maintenance services such as, but not limited to, wheel balancing, tyre rotation, engine tune-up, headlight aiming, replacement of light bulbs, spark plugs, distributor points, drive belts, worn clutch discs, worn brake pads/shoes, filters, wiper blades, lubricants and coolant.
- Damage or failures resulting from:
- Misuse, such as driving over kerbs, overloading, racing, etc.
- Use of non-recommended, improper or dirty fuel, fluid, oil or lubricant.
- Failure to perform proper maintenance services as outlined in the OWNER'S MANUAL and the MAINTENANCE SECTION of the booklet.
- Alterations, tampering or improper repairs or servicing.
- Unauthorized modifications or use of any non "Genuine NISSAN" parts accessories or equipment.
- Accident, theft or fire or illegal use.
- Stone chipping, fuel or liquid adhesion, chemical fallout, tree sap, salt, hail, windstorm, lightning or unusual environmental conditions, bird or animal excrement.
- Continuing to drive the vehicle after loss of lubricants, oils, refrigerant or water on or after knowledge of failure.
Tyre and battery warranty
The tyres originally installed on a new Nissan vehicle are warranted by the tyre manufacturer. In order to obtain tyre warranty service, present the unserviceable tyre(s) to a local tyre agent, unless otherwise directed by Nissan. Any Nissan dealer can assist you in requesting an adjustment through a local tyre agent, if necessary. Original equipment batteries as fitted to every new Nissan vehicle are fully covered for defective manufacture during the first 12 months with unlimited kilometres, and will be replaced free of charge should a defect occur in that time.
This warranty applies to Nissan vehicles registered and normally operated in the country where the vehicle is originally sold. This warranty is provided to the original and subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period.
This warranty does not apply to a vehicle that is relocated internationally from where it was first sold.
Please refer to your Customer Information and Maintenance Booklet, section 'Things you should know about the Nissan New Vehicle Warranty' for further information.
For Nissan GT-R Warranty information, please refer to your Nissan GT-R Customer Information and Maintenance Booklet.
If there is a manufacturing related fault with your new car, in addition to your rights under Nissan’s New Vehicle Warranty (and any Extended Manufacturer’s Warranty policy you may have purchased), you are also entitled to a remedy in accordance with your Consumer Guarantee rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Consumer Guarantees are automatic guarantees that apply to goods and services you purchase, including guarantees that goods will work and do what is expected of them.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. EnquiriesNissan New Vehicle Warranty Period
The period for the New Vehicle Warranty is 5 Years with Unlimited km, unless the vehicle is used as a commercial vehicle for purposes which include rental cars, hire and taxi, rideshare, delivery or courier vehicle, in which case the warranty period is 5 years or 200,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
The New Vehicle Warranty covers all parts and components of each new Nissan Vehicle except for:
Those items listed under the vehicle
<1>For commercial applications such as rental or hire vehicles, and vehicles transporting people of goods for payment